So, I got an adorable snowman embroidery pattern from Crab-apple Hill Studios a little while ago. The original is all red-work, and I liked it so I decided to stick with that. The goal back in October was to make all of the panels and then put them together in some other way than the pattern specified because I thought the pieced border the pattern maker put around it was well, not my cup of tea (I think it looks unbalanced and generally does not flow–I really do like this designer’s embroidery designs though). But as I realized the rest of the stuff I needed to do for the holidays, plus the baby blanket that will NOT be made (it refuses despite my best efforts), I ended up with this one panel.

See:first-embroidery-1

first-embroidery-2Not bad for a beginner if I do say so myself. Clearly, my stitch evenness needs, uh, improvement. And my french knots are not uniform. But I think as a first effort, it’s really not too bad.

So the new goal now is to make up all the panels, throughout the year :), finishing the embroidery by fall and making some sort of border I like and turning them into a quilt. We’ll see how that goes 🙂

Advertisements